75100385

Purchased from a local Glazier upvc double glazed windows for

Customer Question

Purchased from a local Glazier upvc double glazed windows for our sun lounge. Of the 3 windows installed and one window had condensation on the room side (not between the sealed unit). The supplier informed me that the window had been installed upside down so they reversed it. Size of window 1790mm x 1250mm. On the first rainy day the outer side window developed a speckled misty film over the whole glass. The installer came and used their window cleaning product but no success. He asked what did I use for cleaning the windows. My reply - 45ml white distilled vinegar, half a teaspoon liquid soap and 1 pint of water. He immediately said that is the problem. Received a letter from the company yesterday stating the only solution is to replace the glass and this would come at a cost to me as damage caused to the double glazed unit by the solution used on the surface of the glass. The company is aware that the other 2 double glazed units they supplied are fine along with the other 14 double glazed windows in situ. For your information the formula I use is recommended by Pilkington Group.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.What is it you would like to know about this please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to have the window replaced at no cost to me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my tel. ***********
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - I am just in Court, I will call shortly if that is ok?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long is shortly 30mins/1 hour
Graham
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
About 30 mins I think. As soon as I get a break from Court. I am just waiting for a decision from a Judge
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Calling now. Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
www.moneyclaim.gov.uk