12826847

My sons motor bike was knocked over on the street the person

Customer Question

my sons motor bike was knocked over on the street the person responsible put claim through insurance. My sons ins gave him a hired bike [which he signed for] while they took his bike away to access or repair. It took weeks, they took back hire bike then gave him his bike back, a catergory D. Now they are having trouble getting their money back from the other insurance. The Lawyer for my sons ins company now wants my son to send him all his bank accounts to say whether he could have paid for the hire charge of the bike or to get his bike repaired. This was never mentioned to my son he was given the hired bike and they insisted on taking his away.As he has signed the hire sheet the Lawyer says he has to submit his bank accounts. My son is at uni and all the family have been building up his accounts to help him pay off some of his fees and yes he could have paid for his repair. what do we do.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Does it have sufficient funds to have been able to hire another bike?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no thank you to phone offer can I have an answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your answer does it have sufficient funds to hire another bike? It make no sense?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - did he have enough money in his account to hire another bike for the duration of the period when it was needed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He had no choice in it the insurance company gave him the hire bike and told him he did not have to pay for it and took his bike away. No he would have had to ask his parents.
The insurance company said he had to have it
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Could he have paid for one himself and then claimed it back?