Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

How do I arrange a tribuneral regarding a section27 mental

how do
I arrange a tribuneral regarding a section27 mental health act for my 25yr old grandsonplease
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. What section is he detained under, and how long has he been under that section? Are you his nearest relative?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he was arrested Sept 2015 for punching people having heard voices taken to court under section 27 placed in Exeter prison untill nov 2015 then moved to Thornford park hospital London .He is now fully recovered and needs to return to Cornwall and his family Im his grandmother and have reared him and take care of his affairs . Jamie is autistic and has learnind difficulties.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thank you - Section 27 is not a section to detain a person. The usual sections are Section 2, 3, 37 or 37/41. Please could you check this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jamieis in medium secure which was reduced to low secure butthere are no beds
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
at his 6month apt meeting my daughter and I attended sat around the table with the experts and our first question was who is this young man you are talking about as it is not Jamie six pages into the review the name was a Jamie Price whoops so much for confidentuality at that meeting he was reduced to low security
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ive held the phone for over ten mins and all I got was music?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you going to mgive me any advice please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please can you ring *********** thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hope to here from you by e mail
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Apologies. It sounds like your son is either on Section 3 or Section 37. In the circumstances he would be entitled to appeal to the Tribunal Service for a discharge from hospital. He can use this form: http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/t110-eng.doc However, as he is detained in hospital, if he wishes to appeal to the Tribunal Service he would be entitled to independent fee legal advice and representation. You can search here for local solicitors who will help him deal with the application and represent him at the tribunal: http://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/ (in areas of practice select "mental health - legal aid". If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you