12826847

I had a bad experience with an Architect who I contracted

Customer Question

Hello I had a bad experience with an Architect who I contracted with last year.I complained to the Architects registration board and in an email to her and the board said I had experience of her "Neurotic yelling" when she visited my home.She has emailed back saying she thinks this is "libellous".
I did experience her yelling for no reason.Have I made a serious error saying this.Any advice?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
It probably would have been better if you had not said this.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
With complaints, especially to professional bodies, it is always better to keep things factual. Even if you did experience her raising her voice it was rather emotive to describe it as 'neurotic yelling'. I'm afraid there is a risk that could amount to libel. Whether or not she will act is another matter. It depends. She is not likley to recover damages but she may just want a retraction.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Whether or not it really gets over the hurdle of 'serious damage' to her reputation is another matter. It could because it went to the registration board it isn't the type of comment that is so devastating to reputations that a person cannot recover.In terms of moving forward, is she asking you to do anything?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should I write to her and the Arb and retract the words saying she was just highky emotional
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What is she asking you to do ?