Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I wonder if you can help with a Assured Shorthold tenancy agreement

Customer Question

I wonder if you can help with a Assured Shorthold tenancy agreement problem.
I have a break clause which states:
Two Month Break Clause in Second 6 Months (Any Time after the first six months).
The Landlord and tenant shall have the right to terminate the tenancy at the end of the first six month period by giving not less than two months notice to the other party.
Does this break clause give me the right to break the contract at the end of six months provided I have given two months notice at 4 months?
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Thanks for your enquiry.As regards ***** ***** stating "The Landlord and tenant shall have the right... notice to the other party", this does indeed mean that if you wished to break the Tenancy after 6 moths, you can do so by giving the landlord 2 months Notice, such Notice to end on the 6 month anniversary. So if for example the 6 month period ends on 30th September, you would have to give Notice no later than 30th July. (To be on the safe side, you can always give more than 2 months Notice).I hope this clarifies the position to you.If so, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer.Kind RegardsAl
Hi,Can I be of any more assistance to you?Kind RegardsAl