75100385

I am in need of advice and who to go to to. Last year

I am in need of advice and who to go to to. Last year my rented house was hit by gale force winds and the perlings in the ceiling collapsed. The insurance company has refused to pay out even though I was covered.
Its been a lot of emails backwards and forwards getting nowhere, I would now like to seek advice from the Ombudsman in my area. I am in Wimbledon London.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Why have they refused to pay out please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They said I live abroad and couldn't get in the house, which is a lie. I do live abroad but have an agent who they used before. Claimed they couldn't get in to do the assessment.
My house was up for sale when this happened so I phoned them to put in my claim and said it was urgent because we were soon to exchange contracts. They had from the 18th November to 7 th December . They turned up after the house was sold and the new tenants wouldn't let them in.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
What is the cost of repairs? Have you been to the Ombudsman yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The cost estimated by my letting agents at the time was 7,000 pounds. They sent a roofer in on my behalf. I have asked the insurance company to accept this estimate but they won't.
The reason for contacting you is for advice and where is the nearest ombudsman to where I live, actually the insurance told me to go talk to them.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
The ombudsman is here www.financial-ombudsman.org.ukThey offer a free and independent service. Or you can take the steps below.You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What if you use a lawyer to do this. I am only in the country for another month.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
This is a civil litigation lawyer. You can instruct them to act on your behalf, but you may need to attend the Uk if there is a trial.Can I clarify anything else for you?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think you have been a lot of help. Thanks.
I will put your advice into action.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I do that?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Just click on one of the stars or a happy face. If you cant do it let me know. Alex