29905560

I was a foster carer. The agency I work just had

Customer Question

hi I was a foster carer. The agency I work for have just had me de-registered, due to my making a complaint. Last year , 17th March 2015.
I found both my parents passed out on there lounge floor at 8.00am
Both went to A & E, my mother sadly passed away that day and my Dad stayed in ICU for a week, he is ok now. My problem is the very same day my agency called [11.30]to say I could have a placement, a 5 year old girl, and I had to be home to meet her at 3.00. I told them this was impossible as I was at the hospital. they'd have find someone else. ten I had a series of calls some of which I replied to [7] and ended up being told I had to take the child, I managed to get my son and his girlfriend home from work to great the child etc at 4.00.
My mum passed away around 4.00 too
I never made a complaint as my agency consisted of two Social worker, both had called me that day.
Now I have been deregisterd [ false accusations] and when I mentioned this every thing I said was twisted..
I have laernt also that when at 11.30 I sadi no . they should have left me alone.
Another time, 3 months later I got turned down to have a child due to grief of my mum dying.
Hope you understand my story,Can I sue them?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 7 months ago.
Hello what are you trying to sue for?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Well they stopped me being a foster carer, changing everything I said. [ reading between the lines and making a different story The Day my mum passed away ,I have been informed, They should have left me alone, so they added to my stress.
Can I sue forstress they caused, and losing my registration to foster.?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Also they made me feel that I couldn't say no .. if offered a placement ,
the placement that made accusations, I was coerced into having, it was meant to be two weeks but lasted 13.
Apologies for not getting back to you sooner, I experienced some temporary connection issues and could not get back on the site until now. All appears to be resolved now so I can continue dealing with your query. You cannot sadly sue someone just because you have suffered stress as a result of your actions. To be able to claim for stress you must be able to show that you have suffered a personal injury and pursue the claim via that rte. A personal injury can also include a mental injury, but to be able to claim you must be able to show that you have suffered some recognised psychiatric illness as a result of the stress. The most common one may be clinical depression but this must be certified by medical practitioners and be serious enough to actually amount to personal injury. If you believe that this is the case then you are advised to go and see a personal injury solicitor – many offer a free initial advice service so you can take advantage of that to see the merits of your claim. The fact that they stopped you from being a foster carer will also be difficult to challenge – you are not a worker or employee and as such you are not protected against termination or dismissal. In effect they can stop you from being a foster carer and the law does not provide protection against that. So overall, it looks unlikely that you can sue the for anything, unless you can show that the personal injury applies. You may nevertheless complain to any regulatory body which oversees the agency. I'm sorry if this is not necessarily the answer you were hoping for, however I do have a duty to be honest and explain the law as it actually stands. This does mean delivering bad news from time to time. I hope you understand and would be happy to provide any further clarification if needed. If you are still satisfied with the level of service you have received I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page. Thank you
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.
Hello, do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the above response? Look forward to hearing from you.