29905560

How long does it take case to get heard in a small claims

how long does it take for a case to get heard in a small claims court?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
What is the claim for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought a car on 31 March this year, but found that there was major fault and was advised by the garage on 11 April not to drive it. I have written a letter to the private person whom I bought the car from. I sent the letter on 14 April, requesting him to respond within 14 days, but till to date, he has not responded. I now need to take him to the small claim court and wonder how long the waiting is for the case to finally get heard.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response. I will review the relevant information and laws and will get back to you as soon as I can. Please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks for your patience. It is difficult to say exactly how long a SCC claim would take. There is no set timeline and different factors will influence the length of the claim. For example, it would depend on the following:{C}· How busy the court you issue the claim in is at the time and also how efficiently they deal with claims.{C}· Availability of judges and court dates.{C}· What the other party does – for example do they ignore the claim or do they fully defend it.{C}· Are there going to be any delays based on applications by the other party or orders of the court, for example to deal with evidence, witnesses etc. All in all you are easily looking at a couple months at least. I would say if it is a relatively straightforward matter you should have it heard within 2-3 months. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you