75100385

We have recently won an adjudication and have to be paid back

Customer Question

We have recently won an adjudication and have to be paid back 266k from a company, can we go direct to the court for enforcement ourselves and what forms are needed ? Thankyou
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Was it a Tribunal or a formal adjudication please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was a formal adjudication. I have the documents but cant seem to attach them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was a formal Adjudication, I have the Adjudication decision.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does this service actually work ??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have you just taken my money for nothing ???
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay I was just in Court. If it was a Tribunal decision you could get it transferred to Court and enforce, but sadly you need to get a CCJ first because its an Adjudication. You need to write and set out your losses and request the payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/