Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

Question is can two or more people share power of attorney,

question is can two or more people share power of attorney, the case is about land in jamaica belonging to my late parents , 6 brothers one has just passed away leaving 5 all in the uk 1 of the brothers is trying to arrange things by himself and not furnishing the other brothers with details about the sale of the land what is the options available for the other brothers Thanks
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. There is no impediment to two people sharing a Power of Attorney in relation to an estate. Essentially, the power would only be exerciseable if both agreed to its exercise. In this way, one of the other brothers may supervise what this one brother who is trying to arrange things is doing. It would ensure that all are agreed as to what will happen and they can ensure what occurs is what all agree to. The other approach would be to appoint a solicitor with Power of Attorney who would then seek the agreement of all brothers as to what was going to happen in relation to each step in the administration of the estate.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
2. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.