31090051

My son has been in the USA years, he went there to study.

Customer Question

My son has been in the USA for 7 years, he went there to study. He met a girl and married her two years ago. They would now like to move back to the UK but her application for a visa has been declined because she doesn't reach the financial requirements. Myself and my husband (separated) have funds in the UK and wondered if we could sponsor her to come to the UK, we are happy to financially support her when needed for 5 years and understand she will not be able to claim any benefits. Is this something we could do? How do we go about it?
Lynn
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. There are two options. Six months before they apply for HR partner visa, you can gift your son £18600 so that they have the minimum amount in the bank. Secondly your son could get a job with a salary of at least that amount visa. The detail is contained in the following paper: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/469692/Appendix_FM_1_7_Financial_Requirement_August_2015.pdf I hope that helps. Happy of discuss further. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.