75100385

Hellow I have recived a notice of seizure today i order a

Hellow
I have recived a notice of seizure today i order a 10 buckets of cigatretre online (one cruz) (from outside of EU)
They said in the letter "there is no requirement for you to take any action , unless the following circumstances ...
1-you belive that is illigal to seized...
2-you want your seized items returned..
Now I DONT want my cigarettes to be returned its ok if they destroyed it
The question is should i have to write a letter back to them or not because in appendex they mention you can notice a claim in one month and if you do not give a valid notice of claim the goods become commended one month after the date of this letter.
Can you help please ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And if i not reply what can happen ? They will commend the goods and charge me 1500 pounds??
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Just to be clear customs have seized 10 cartons of cigerattes from outside the EU?What is it you want to achieve please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not 10 cartoons its only 10 boxes and each box contain 20 cigarretes its small amount and from outside of EU i order it online.
I want to ask is should i have to reply border force with aletter or not?
And The reply is only for diagree of seizure?
I agree and i dont want to have my cigarette back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can i send a letter of seizure by email?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes -***@******.*** but that is to Admin and it can take a day or two to get sent to me.But please email it if you wish and I can reply tomorrow.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I send it by email with this massage ""Attached notice of seizure, should i have to reply Border force if i DONT want to get my goods back? As it is said in appendex 1?
Or as they said "there is no requirement for you to take any action" so i do not need to write any thing ?
Because Now i dont need them""
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Sadly there are 2 options:1) You dont do anything and you dont get the cigarettes back and you lose the money2) You appeal and it goes to Court. But even if you win at Court you wont get the cigarettes back, just the financial value.But sadly the law says that you are only entitled to import a limited number of cigarettes. Here you have imported outside the EU and as such Customs can seize them.Therefore you have to take one of the options above. But sadly you wont get the cigarettes back, just the value.I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think i will go with option 1 and not do any thing.
The price of cigarettes is £45 i dont want to go to court for this value its ok for losing just £45 not more
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just last question, in appendex 1 they mentioned that the goods will be condemend after one month if i dont sent a notice of claim.
Q: should i do any thing or this notice of claim is written by me only if i want my cigarette back?
Because i will do nothing as you said in option 1
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes indeed. You can appeal the notice if you wish, but as I have indicated you have imported far more than the permitted amount.Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes its now clear so i will go with option 1 , doing nothing to avoid losing in a court and paying penalty of £1500.
Loosing £45 better than loosing £1500
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes I am sorry. If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanx alot for your time and i will do rate your answers
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Alex