12826847

I received a call...

Customer Question

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello is someone there?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HIThank you for contacting Just AnswerMy name is ***** ***** do you have a question for us?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I do. I received a call from a PC earlier this week because he suspects someone I met on Seeking Arrangement is a "minor", although you need to be 18 to sign up, so the person would have lied about her age. He would like me to come to the police station today for a word of advice. What should I do?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I've been asked to look at this. Did you know how old she was?
Experience: Over 5 years in practice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Jo, You may remember that I contacted you late last week regarding a police call that I received regarding an involvement with a girl that I met online (on a site for 18-year old people). The PC had an informal chat with me (nothing was recorded) and gave me a word of advice, but he also said that he would have been in his right to arrest me (even though he admitted that she had lied about her age and he believed that I did not willingly look for her knowing her real age). So there is no case per say (that's what he said), but I would like to discuss the implications with you, preferably over the phone. Thank you.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I haven't time to phone tonight as I am reading papers for tomorrow but we could talk on here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, basically there are three things that worry me. But we can discuss the other two at a later stage since you have a tight schedule. On the first point, from the above, this was an informal chat (as stated by the PC himself). Yet, as my job is regulated, I am supposed to disclose any arrest, charges or whether I have been the subject of a criminal investigation. Obviously, there were no arrest or charges, but the latest point is tricky. If I understand correctly, a formal criminal investigation would at least imply an interview under caution rather than a chat behind closed doors? Or is the fact that I received a call from the PC an indication of a criminal investigation? It makes it difficult...reporting an allegation of that nature in a work environment will probably bring more trouble even if there is no case behind it.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I'm afraid that if you want me to phone again you will need to open a fresh question and make another offer.I can carry on online for free though?