Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

Can changing my name effect anything that is left to me in

Customer Question

Can changing my name effect anything that is left to me in a will
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 1 year ago.
No, as long as your name was correct at the time the Will was prepared and executed there is no problem at all.If any issue arises you will simply have to produce evidence of the name change, e.g. marriage certificate, change of name by deed poll etc. which will show your old name, new name and the date of the document so there is a paper trail.I hope this puts your mind at rest.If there are any further points please reply and I will be happy to respond.Best wishesMichael