Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My partner has left the UK with my 2 year old daughter saying

My partner has left the UK with my 2 year old daughter saying that she was going to her parents for a weeks holiday. She then rang me on the supposed day of her return informing me she was not returning to the UK? I have spoken to her and she has agreed a joint custody -2 -weeks sharing each.
Where do I stand legally? My daughter has a UK passport and I am named as the father on my daughters birthday certificate. I'd appreciate your thoughts on this. Regards Colin
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assisg you:-Are you in England or Wales?-Which country are they in?-Have you contacted the police as this would be considered child abduction
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
England.
Ireland (Eire)
No I haven't contacted the police?
Colin
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thank you - as she has removed the child without your consent from England this is considered child abduction. You can contact the International Child Abduction and Contact Unit and submit an application for free for them to assist. The application form is here: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/389346/international-child-abduction-contact-unit-application-form.doc You will need to provide them photographs of your child and a copy of their birth certificatephotographs of the person who has taken the childa copy of your marriage certificate or divorce decree if you have onecopies of any court orders concerning the childYou can scan and email the documents to them here:***@******.*** and if you have any queries you can contact them directly on 0203(###) ###-####f you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you