Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My ex is asking divorce and has blocked the sale of my

My ex is asking for a divorce and has blocked the sale of my trike which I paid for and is in my name only can she do this.
I have not agreed to the grounds of divorce as she is the guilty party on violence and has a restraining order against her and not allowed back to the house or where I work.
I have been getting various problems since she was ordered by the courts to leave the property
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question.-How long were you married?-Do you have any children together, if so their ages and arrangements?-What is the value of the asset?-How has she blocked the sale?-Are you certain you wish to defend the divorce?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. Please could you provide the requested information so that I can assist you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Marriage 13 years
One child Boy aged 14 this June no arrangements to see, pay Child maintenance through pay (Social Services involved with her)
Trike worth about £2500
Told Ebay it was not mine to sell (Ebay have said that is all they needed not the fact that I can proof it is mine, Reg Doc Insurance Tax MOT in my name)
I am not going to admit Adultery when I did not so yes I will contest if necessary
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for confirming. She cannot pursue under ground of adultery unless you admit it, but she is able to pursue it under unreasonable behaviour and would not require your consent or agreement to do this.The trike is not worth a considerable amount of money, therefore she has no real reason to prevent the sale of it - however, both of you would be entitled to pursue a financial relief application against the other alongside the divorce. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you