75100385

I started work as an agent Pakistani producer of denim

Customer Question

I started work as an agent for a Pakistani producer of denim fabric and garments at the end of 2013. Unfortunately, I did not establish a written agreement with the owner, but instead he gave me a verbal agreement that he would pay me a $5k/month retainer during the period of developing the business and once the business reached critical mass we would move to a commission-based agreement (3% on fabric and 5% on garments). It was agreed that the nominal commission earned on sales would first be used to off-set the total monthly retainer paid, then I would finally be in the black, the retainer would stop and we would move to a pure commission basis. I have been successful in establishing business with two clients, the main one being NEXT womenswear where we're about to start shipping out a $3mn garment contract for the Autumn/Winter season, which should generate $150,000 of commission for me based on the original verbal agreement. The owner is now playing hard ball with me saying he played a major role in the development of the NEXT business (if it hadn't been for my initial efforts he may never have got to meet the NEXT denim sourcing team!) and I'm now unsure as to what extent he's willing to honour our original verbal agreement. I'm now due to meet NEXT next week to show new developments for Spring/Summer 17, but feel very uncomfortable, not knowing to what extent my efforts will be rewarded. Do I have a leg to stand on bearing in mind the lack of a formal agreement ?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.What is it you want to achieve please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex,
Can we talk this evening (my number is ***** 200134) ?
Given the way I'm being treated I'm basically looking to part ways with the Pakistani company, but want to claim commission for the Autumn Winter 16 and Spring Summer 17 selling seasons (on the basis that without my persistence and relationship-building skills the Pakistani company would ever have established a business relationship with NEXT.
Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex,
Re my above message could you please advise if you're able to call me this evening.
Steve
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes what time would be good Steve?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
7pm ?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I can call now if that works?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK !
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Calling now. Alex