12826847

I have a spent conviction (I think) I have checked on the government

Customer Question

I have a spent conviction (I think) I have checked on the government web site, it was a fine in 2007. I am working through an agency who didn't ask but I declared anyway and they didn't tell the hospital I am now for working for. the hospital didn't ask me and are now say I should have told them as it has come up in the enhanced DRB. I am really annoyed as I have been contracting in the nhs for 13 years and this has never been an issue before. Where do I stand? Or don't I/
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What leve of checking do you face?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Enhanced DBS so I didmt know if it would be filtered or not.Which is why I mentioned it to the agency who were handling my appointment. I had no contact with the HR dept in question at all
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And its not a safeguarding related offence at all!
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
If you are enhanced checked then it will show. Everything shows on enhanced checking even mere allegations if they are deemed relevant. Spent convictions certainly will. This is a spent conviction though. It would have been spent after a year. That will mean it will have dropped off basic checking. Whether it will be stepped down or not depends on the nature of the conviction. If you can give me that information I can tell you more. That would just mean that it is no longer on standard though. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo