13262538

My father re-married and, some years later, began to lapse

My father re-married and, some years later, began to lapse into dementia. His wife took control of his finances and he is now lodged in a nursing home that I feel does not cater sufficiently well for his needs. I'm concerned for his welfare, yet his wife contends that other nursing homes offering higher standards of care than his current abode are "too expensive". My father ran his own, small business for 40 years and I believe that, after selling his land and property, he should have sufficient funds available to ensure that cost should not be a factor in ensuring that his needs are well-met in surroundings that, at the very least, meet his accustomed standard of living.
Is there a reasonable and legal course of action I might take to ensure that my father receives the level of care that he truly deserves?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstDoes his Wife hold Power of Attorney?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, she does.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Then your only option is to report the matter to the Office of the Public GuardianThe details are herehttps://www.gov.uk/report-concern-about-attorney-deputyI wish I could tell you that there are other options - but there are notPlease ask if you need further details
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
.