13262538

Good Morning My Mother passed away in February and there are

Good Morning
My Mother passed away in February and there are four executors to her will. My father myself and two siblings. Dad wanted to carry out executing this but in the mean time he has been taken into hospital with little chance of recovery. We were supposed to get letters asking us to step down and let him execute Mums Will. In the meantime shortly after Mums passing my Brother went with my Dad to get his own will changed to have only one executor, namely my Brother. My Brother is telling me that as Dad wanted to execute Mums will (which only he and Dad have seen) and when Dad passes that he will automatically get the right to do so, saying to us that is because Dad was the main executor. Therefore we have no written or confirmed paperwork to substantiate this and are not sure if my Brother is telling us the correct information.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I am sorry for your lossI shall do my best to help youSince your father is not fit or able to carry out his duties as executor then it is for you and your siblings to deal with your Mother's Will - no matter who is Executor of your father's Will.If your father had already obtained Probate of your mother's Will then this would not have been the case - but since he has not your brother does NOT have this rightPlease ask if you need further details