75100385

I purchased a new motor boat from a dealer and under the contract

I purchased a new motor boat from a dealer and under the contract I paid a deposit and the balance was paid on completion at the manufacturers in France. The dealers novice says to be insured on completion at the manufacturers which I have insure for the full amount £115,000.
The boat was on the dealers pontoon being commissioned and I was waiting handover when a large fishing boat crashed into it. I was told by someone that the boat as compressed such that it snapped the bow line in two. It also smacked the 150 hip Suzuki outboard.
What should I do? I don't want repairs because the hull could be fractured I would like a new boat or my money back?
Frank
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Has the boat been inspected please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The broker told me he has arranged a surveyor to do a report and I'm waiting it.
I wondered if the boat purchase would come under some type of sale of goods law. The broker said he has details of the fishing boat so maybe he has insurance. But will the manufacturer stand over the hull warranty for a new boat I don't think so. What should my initial strategy be? Should I just claim from my insurance or force the broker to come up with a remedy?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - you can reject it, because you are buying a NEW boat. Not a damaged or repaired one.Therefore you can reject it and claim your money back under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Alex this is helpful. One more thing, how should I reject it. Should I write to the broker acknowledging his phone call that the boat was damaged and saying I want my money back? If he offered a replacement it would beat least 6 months wait and I'd miss this whole boating season so that's a no goer for me. Regards Frank
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You should do it to the person you paid Frank - that is who your contract is with. If a replacement was offered, you wouldnt have to accept it.Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help, much appreciated.
Regards Frank
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Good luck Frank. Alex