75100385

I have recently set up a Limited company as I decided to go contracting and prov

Customer Question

I have recently set up a Limited company as I decided to go contracting and provide project management services. The company has been operating for one month.
Last week I received a letter from Lawyers of Intel informing me my company name is ***** ***** trademark.
I have taken actions to change my company name but removal of "Intel" in my company name.
However the lawyer that sent the letter regarding the trademark infringement requested I sign a pre drafted letter. I am not comfortable signing this letter as one of the points informs me about potential damages that may need to be paid to them.
I feel I have taken immediate action by changing my company name and as there were no marketing or advertising or external website created to market my company or services I feel that should be sufficient to close the matter.
Can you please advise what would be the next steps. If a letter informing them of the actions taken is sufficient to close the matter?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.What does the letter say? What was the Co name?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alex,
the point I am referring to in the drafted letter states "pay a sum to be agreed in respect of damages and your costs or in default of agreement to be assessed (at our cost) by a valuer nominated by the President of the Institute of chartered Accountants in England & Wales.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alex can you please clarify when you can give me a call to discuss this matter further?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a number we can chat on?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have sent my number via the private text box
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sadly it doesnt show. Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
*********** I hope this conversation is not public..
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Calling now. Alex