Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

In intestacy does the brother and sister of a deceased have

Customer Question

In intestacy does the brother and sister of a deceased have priority over the children of a deceased brother when it comes to be appointed as administrator
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Thanks for your enquiry.Whoever is entitled to a share of the Estate under the intestacy Rules is entitled to apply to become Administrator, on an equal footing to the other beneficiaries.Therefore, the brother and sister do NOT have any priority to apply for Letters of A, and provided the children of the deceased brother are adults, they have an equal right to apply to become Administrator.The Probate Registry act on a first come, first served basis, so whoever applies first will be granted the Letters of A.I hope this assists you and sets out the legal position.Kind RegardsAl
Hi,Can I be of any more assistance?If not, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer.Many thanksAl