Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have a co habitation agreement with my partner and in one

Customer Question

I have a co habitation agreement with my partner and in one of the clauses it states that when a life endowment policy matures then the proceeds will be used to pay off the mortgage. I have found out that he has already cashed in the policy and used the money for his own uses, does this constitute a breach of contract and does it make the agreement invalid?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. As long as your agreement followed all thr necessary requirements for it to be effective, his actions would constitute breach of agreement and you would have grounds to pursue a claim against him. His breach does not make the agreement invalid, but raises right for you to claim against him.If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.