75100385

I am in the middle of starting a new business and

Hello ,
I am in the middle of starting a new business and have some questions regarding product liability .
My business model is to design and sell 3d printed products - mainly decorative items but some battery oprated LED lamps.
In addtion I plan to offer for sale a range of CAD models ready to 3d print .
So my question is this - given the low risk of products do I need to be concerned about any liablities as a result of missuage of the products or any parts printed from the files supplied by myself ?.
Also does a general disclaimer (ie label on the product / terms & conditions on instructions ) regarding use , offer any legal protection from claims resulting from incorrect use or poor construction if produced from my files?.
Given all I am trying to is sell decorative items all the above seems an unlikley scenario but .....
Thanks for any help .
Gary
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello Gary my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Do your products need to be CE marked at all?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No they do not need to be CE marked as they are decorative items and I understand are not covered . I also manufacture clockfaces which use standard off the shelf clock mechanisms ,this the most complex thing I make at the moment .
The CAD files are mainly models of animals again decorative / sculptures etc . see attatched pictures .
Gary
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If the product is defective then you may be found liable, the same applies if someone injuries themself. Therefore you should make sure you get public liability insurance.That way you will be covered. Even if you have a disclaimer if there has been a personal injury through negligence that does not prevent (and in law such a term would be unfair).So make sure you get insured, that way you can protect yourself.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex ,
Ok Thats what I thought - but worth being sure ,so thank you.
One last point , I assume liability does not apply if the product is miss-used , provided I have made it clear how it should / must be used ?.
Again thanks for the clarification .
Gary
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Happy to help Gary. If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex