13262538

My mum is having to move from hospital to a care home, as she

Customer Question

My mum is having to move from hospital to a care home, as she owns her own home she needs to privately fund her place until her money runs out. My brother and I r going to have to sell her home but r we able to sell this onto me or my brother for less than market value - market value maybe around £220k but could it b sold for £120k legally? Thanks
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best t help you.I am afraid that if you do that the Local Authority will assess your mother on the basis of the Actual value and not what money she received and you would have to fund the "balance" if necessary.I am sorry not to give better news - please ask if you need further details