29905560

I would like to leave online feedback local company who

I would like to leave online feedback for a local company who recently constructed a fence in my garden. The fence is a total disaster and therefore feedback would be negative.
Can you please tell me:
is it legally permissable to leave negative feedback;
would I be entitled to add photos showing how bad the workmanship was; and
where online would I do this?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.
Did you discuss your thoughts/feelings with the company after they finished the job, or did you put anything in writing to them about the workmanship?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes. I complained by telephone, verbally when the joiner came to my home and subsequently in emails between us.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Thank you. It is certainly possible for you to leave negative feedback if necessary. However, what you have to be aware of is that you should be able to justify any negative comments you make. So if you are claiming that they have done something wrong, be ready to prove that this is indeed the case – for example by having photos. And you are certainly entitled to post photos online, there is nothing stopping you from posting photos of the work – it is perfectly legal to do so, you are not restricted from posting them online. As to where you can do this, there are various forums where this can happen, for example on Facebook, on online forums – this is however not a legal issue as we do not know the places where such feedback are left, and it will vary depending on where you are and what forums there are locally so you need to find these out for yourself based on where you are and what is available near your locality. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
A last question. The joiner who constructed the fence has emailed me offering to remove it and give me £200 (it cost me £750). I DO want rid of it as it's an eyesor and want the whole thing over and done with, BUT in his email, he writes, "I would expect you not to slate my co,pany (with photos)", and the final sentence reads, "Following your acceptance I would then have you sign a simple document saying you are finished with your communication and also you will not be making any correspondence in regards ***** ***** or my company". I have absolutely no intention of signing anything ........ but does that mean that if I don't, then his offer will be withdrawn - and is he perfectly entitled to do this?
Yes that is correct. He is making you an offer with the attached conditions. If you accept the offer you accept it on these conditions. You cannot be forced to accept such offer but at the same time if you do not do so then he is entirely free to withdrawn any offer he had made. His offer will only become binding once it has been accepted and in the meantime it can be withdrawn at any time. Hope this clarifies?
Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'