75100385

We recently bought a new house the previous owners had sold

Customer Question

we recently bought a new house the previous owners had sold a garage full of their stuff to a gentleman who does house clearance. I was told his van had broken down and was asked if he could leave it in the garage for a while, whilst he got his van fixed. I said yes for a short time it would be OK. a month later I sent him a text message asking him to get his stuff he said he was waiting to get confirmation that a garage he was about to rent was now available I agreed to wait a short while longer he expected to get possession within a few days. After another week I contacted him again via a text message I had no answer. The next day I left a message on his answerphone telling him that he had a week to remove the stuff out of the garage or we would get rid of it ourselves. He phoned back apologising and said he would sort something out. yesterday ten days later I tried to message him again but the text failed, I tried calling his number today but the number is ***** longer receiving calls.
what I need to find out is can I get rid of this stuff there was no signed agreement between us just a verbal agreement and my mobile phone no longer has the stored messages sent from me since his phone is been shout down
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Have you warned him that you will dispose of it if he doesnt pick them up?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did sometime ago he asked for more time to sort out his garage which I agreed to he said he would ask his cousin if he could use his van but now he has cut contact
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - you need to write and ask to remove within 28 days or say you will dispose of it. Make sure you send any letter recorded delivery and keep a copy.If after a month its not been moved then yes you can dispose of them. But unless you warn and give a month and say you will get rid of them, you cant.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex