75100385

I HAVE BEEN SERVED A STATUTORY DEMAND. I HAVE REQUESTED

HI. I HAVE BEEN SERVED A STATUTORY DEMAND. I HAVE REQUESTED THE INFORMATION UNDER DATA PROTECTION 1998 TO QUESTION THE DEBT. 40 DAYS HAVE PASSED SINCE I SENT THE REQUEST AND THEY HAVE NOT COMPLIED. CAN I HAVE THE DEMAND SET ASIDE/CANCELLED? THANKS.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.How much is the demand for please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi, it is for 9500
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - do you know what the debt is for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry for delay.... busy with work too. 1st credit. it was credit card around 5-6 years ago although not certain of date
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Do you dispute the debt? Do you know what its for? 1st Credit is a collection agency, it must have been from a credit card or loan?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i havent disputed.. yet, because i do not have records of the debt. they say it is from the halifax.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
theres probably ppi in there for starters.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - then you must apply to set aside the statutory demand. You can apply to set it aside if the debt is disputed. Therefore you can say you dont know what it is for, you have applied for a copy of the agreement and they havent replied.But you MUST set it side otherwise they can make you bankrupt.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just so i get this correctly applied for... may you briefly outline the process of setting aside eg. form name? do i need to go to court? send by mail (i will google of course too :-) )
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You apply to set aside, the Court will list it for hearing. The Judge will decide on the day. Alex