12826847

Good afternoon,My question is about my local dental practice

Customer Question

Good afternoon,
My question is about my local dental practice and their duty towards me. The practice is called The Smile Centre.
I had (private) dentures supplied in late 2014 by a dentist (call her L) at this practice. I tried to get on with them, but eventually it became obvious that the top one was wrong - tooth is shorter than my own tooth and sticks out an angle. I started to complain about this in the middle of last year.
Dentist L had left the practice. I've been seen by a series of locum dentists, all agreeing tha the denture is wrong. Recently I really dug my heels in and said that I want it fixed.
The owner of the practice says that it's up to Dr L to authorise any work, and he's been super-dilatory in contacting her. I say - and here's my question - that it's up to The Smile Centre to put it right: I make payments out to The Smile Centre, not to the individual dentist, and their written Complaints Procedure is written from The Smile Centre and not from the individual dentist.
I've made an appointment for Friday, because I need fillings ii any case, and I've said that on Friday I want to start the process of putting the denture right and that if they refuse I'll have to escalate the complaint. Am I within my rights to insist that it's up to the Smile Centre, and not Dr L, to put things right?
Many thanks.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Is there a cost to put this right please?Alex