12826847

My husband is in temporary residential care . He has Altzheimers

Customer Question

Hi my husband is in temporary residential care . He has Altzheimers with Lewy Bodies Dementia and Parkinsons. It is a fair way advanced, however he does retain some mental capacity still. My problem is his youngest daughter who is 45yrs old. We have been married 38 yrs by the way, but she has always hated me, and since he has been in the home, and until I recover from my current illness he cant come back home, this daughter has been quizzing him during their telephone conversations and visits on subjects such as money or other personal matters that she knows my husband will be very cross with me about , and when I ask why she is doing this of course she is saying she doesn't know what i'm talking about. Is there any way of stopping this as it is distressing my husband and I am fast loosing my patience.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstDo you hold Lasting Power of Attorney for your husband?