75100385

I am part of a team that run an online forum model of

I am part of a team that run an online forum for a model of car. We want to allow people to post free adverts.
Are we legally involved in any of the sales activity? I.e. If one of the adverts is a scam are we responsible? Do we need to run checks on advertisers other than an email address check, please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The adverts are just adverts from members that have a car for sale or parts for sale. They are registered members and we check the email address that they provide when registering.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.When someone joins do they have to register first?Does your site have nay form of disclaimers?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes they have to register and we send an email to their registered email address with a link to confirm that their email address is genuine.
We do have disclaimers but I think we would need to ensure that they cover the adverts that they post.
Thanks for the response.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Then you just need to make it clear that the user is responsible for the post and its content when they register.Further you should have a disclaimer on the forum saying that no liability will be accepted whatever for content or its accuracy and that a user should satisfy themselves before commencing a transaction.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex