75100385

There, I'm due in court a trailer with no

Customer Question

Hello there, I'm due in court for towing a trailer with no lisence. I believed it to weigh under 750kg but was told otherwise. I was not weighed and to my knowledge no weights were on the trailer or wood chipper that was mounted. I was also told I was insured by the boss and my name had been changed over from his. Apparently there has been a huge clerical error or j was not actually put on policy..
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.For now please let me know what the exact offence is? Are you also being prosecuted for no insurance ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am being prosecuted for both offenses, insurance included. No insurance and towing without lisence
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
who told you it was under weight?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Section 143 and schedule 2
Section 87 (1) and schedule 2
They are my convictions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nobody unfortunately, it was an oversight on my behalf...I've recently discovered the other employees could tow with "grandfather rights" which I was unaware of
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The vehicle was being used for the company use and was not borrowed or hired
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There were no labels saying otherwise on either trailer or chipper
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think really that the towing was my fault but the insurance was not. I've pleaded guilty to both charges with the intention my changing my plea for the insurance to not guilty as I feel I was lead to believe I was insured.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm assuming that I will need legal aid for the hearing?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Well actually sadly it is a guilty plea to both. You are either insured or you are not. However you can plead guilty with special reasons not to endorse your licence.If you can give evidence to show that you thought you were insured then you may get a lesser or no penalty. But you would need evidence such as someone from the firm coming to Court to say that you were insured.As such you can plead guilty with special reasons and you may not get points.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, so does my boss need to go to court with me or is a witness statement from him enough, if it states I was working for him and he believed I was insured to the best of his knowledge?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And would you recommend pleading guilty to both charges?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes I would. But for no insurance guilty with special reasons.Does that clarify? Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could you also give me a rough idea of the penalty charges I will be receiving. Many thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Thats related to your income so I cant say sadly. It will be around 50-100% of your weekly income.Does that help? Alex
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks again, all clarified. Very pleased with your help. Sam
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Good luck. If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance! Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All done
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Thanks! Alex