75100385

If England votes to leave the EU, will it affect application

Customer Question

If England votes to leave the EU, will it affect application of European Law in England?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For example, will enforcement of past cases still be possible? And will it be possible to still use EU law?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Could you please explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, yes thanks. If England leaves the EU, wondering if an English court judgement money order will still be enforceable in another EU country.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Well at the moment yes. But that would depend on what comes out of the EU negotiations. At the moment you can get a European Enforcement order which may or may not be the case after.But dont forget you still have The Brussels Regulation, The Administration of Justice Act 1920 & the Foreign Judgments (Reciprocal Enforcement) Act 1933 and Lugano ConventionCan I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks you Alex, that is really helpful
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if possible, do you know whether any of these acts would apply when the judgement relates to broken contract (not consumer).
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes it would. Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thyank you! Do you know which one would apply?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Depends on which country the debt is in
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry I don't understand. Is the debt the country where the contract was broken and judgement given (England?), or the place the debtor lives (various countries)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
an EEO would probably be for germany though as one last known address
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Where Judgment is given. Does that clarify?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you, ***** ***** write a new question then re which Act for an English Judgement if England goes out EU
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sure. Thanks