75100385

On 24 may 2015. I scrapped a vehicle owned by myself. Sent

On 24 may 2015. I scrapped a vehicle owned by myself. Sent the paperwork to dvla. However I forgot to cancel the direct debit for road tax.. Towards the end of 2015, I received a dvla letter saying I was being taken to court for uninsured vehicle, date of offence roughly mid September 2015. I contacted dvla and after some time they sent letter back saying they had updated their records. Today I received a letter from Somerset magistrates court. Notice of fine and collection order £352.00. How can I be fined when I committed no offence and dvla were aware of this before the case.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Did you plead not guilty for Court or attend please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pleaded not guilty.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - then it looks like you have been convicted in your absence.If you disagree with the decision then you must appeal to the Crown Court. But you need to be quick as you only have a limited time to do that.The matter will be re-tried before a Crown Court Judge and 2 Magistrates. But you need to appealCan I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank you
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Good luck. If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/