75100385

Self employed Courier. Had Contract with large Courier Company.

Self employed Courier. Had Contract with large Courier Company. - Part of this contract stated my Daily Pay fixed rate. This worked well for some time. The Company then decided to pay me on a " per parcel" pay rate, which I did not agree to. I continued to do work for them for a few weeks, and they paid me the lower rate of pay. A new contract had not been signed. Are they allowed to do this?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.What does the old contract say about variation or new rates please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The old contract did not say anything about variation or new rates.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - then in the absence of any agreement it MUST be on the old rates.This is because you need to consent or the agreement you signed previously needs to allow for the rate to be reduced. If not then the client is in breach of contract and you can claim the difference back.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing else to clarify . Thank you. You have been very helpful.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Good luck. If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex