Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

My wife's mother has inherited quite a lot of family land.

Customer Question

My wife's mother has inherited quite a lot of family land. It is not owned by her as an individual but by a company of which she and her partner are directors. She has said that she would like to give us some land but she cannot "give" it to us not can she sell it for a low fee. I can't see why she can't do this....
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 1 year ago.
because it is not hers to sell it belongs to the company. As a Director of the company she owes that company a fiduciary duty which , should she break she can be sued for by the company.So, bot***** *****ne, she is perfectly right.I hope this helps.Best wishesMichael