75100385

I have received a contractual parking charge notice dated 29th

Customer Question

I have received a contractual parking charge notice dated 29th April 2016 from G24 Ltd for overstaying by 20 minutes. The private parking was at Homebase in Acton London, which we went to, to visit the store. The notice does not say the word FINE, therefore do we need to pay?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Yes. Its a charge not a fine. A fine is illegal, a charge is not.Sadly the notices have been challenged in law and are valid.I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.Can I clarify anything for you bout this today please?Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/