75100385

We are a company with two directors both of which are ill and

Customer Question

we are a company with two directors both of which are ill and cant continue to work.
Debts are around £12,000 to HMRC for VAT , CT, PAYE
To put company into liquidation costs £1700 which we have not got , but if we let the HMRC take its course then surely they will close us down at their costs
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.What is it you want to achieve please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I HAVE ALREADY PAID £38 FOR A RESPONSE SO IS THIS EXTRA
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I have asked What is it you want to achieve please?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If you want to speak over the phone, that is an extra service, but we can keep it online if you prefer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We want to liquidate the Company at no cost to us ,and wonder if letting the HMRC take all the necessary steps to take us to Court will achieve this.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes you should let HMRC do this. That is no cost to you. They will serve a statutory demand and then if not complied with they will apply for bankruptcy.So yes you can do this. Or you can dissolve the company if you have not traded for some months.so yes let HMRC do this at no cost or dissolve the company at a later date.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex