Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I have made a will in 2013 leaving my property to my grand

I have made a will in 2013 leaving my property to my grand daughter(age33),with the proviso that my wife will have access and living in the property as long as she wishes.
Question:On my death will my g'd daughter have to pay any death duty and at what rate ?
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Could you please confirm the value of yours and your Wife's Estates, including the value of the property? Thanks Al
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
value of property-----£425000.00
Thanks. Could you also tell me how much you and your Wife have in other assets (ie savings etc)? Al
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ab
Hi, thanks for your chat. As discussed, I confirm that Inheritance tax is only payable if yours and your Wife's Estate are worth more than £650,000 at the time the surviving spouse dies. From what you have told me, it does not appear that your joint Estate would be valued over £650,000 and hence no Inheritance tax would be payable by your Granddaughter at all.I hope this helps.Kind RegardsAl