75100385

I have a neighbour using machinery to manufacture garden items

I have a neighbour using machinery to manufacture garden items plant boxes benches etc that he puts at the end of his drive for sale, the noise from the electric saws is constant, can I do anything about this legally
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.For now please let me know whether you have complained to the Council at all?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I haven't yet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been to see the neighbour, I let him know that I was unhappy with what he was doing and asked him to curtail his activities to weekdays otherwise I would be forced to complain to the environmental health as the noise was unneighbourly I also asked him if he thought it might be a good idea to rent a business unit as he was manufacturing for profit, he replied that he was retired and did it for pleasure
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - you should get a Solicitor to write and set out your position and ask them to limit or stop it. If they refuse then you should complain to the Council. They can investigate and give a noise abatement notice. Then if he continues they can prosecute him.Or you can seek a civil injunction to stop this noise nuisance, but you will need noise monitoring equipment reads to present to Court. This you can get from the Council when they come out and investigate.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Thanks!