12826847

I got caught doing 50mph in a 30mph, I'm pleading guilty by

I got caught doing 50mph in a 30mph, I'm pleading guilty by post and providing a letter of mitigation written by a solicitor, I have previous been banned for totting up. What is the likely outcome ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What are the dates of your points hitherto?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Not sure how to express it differently. What are the dates of your convictions?Or, more specifically, when were you banned and when did that end?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no points on my licence just now
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
So when did your ban end?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My bad ended in December 2015
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
You wouldn’t get a greater sentence for having previous matters per se. The only issue here is that if this is a 50mph in a 30mph zone then that is the very highest point of the middle sentencing bracket and the fact of a previous ban might just knock it from 4-6 points to a short ban of between 7 - 28 days. There will also be a fine. However, you might be lucky and just get points again. Since you were banned your points would have been wiped so there is no risk of a ban for totting. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thanks, I've got made unemployed in November due the the oil crisis. I've just got a new job and start on this Monday with BT which I need my licence for. This is all in the letter of mitigation, do you think this will help me?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Not strictly but it might affect them emotionally. it is probably worth raising it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, one last thing. It's is at a justice of the peace court does that help me in anyway since it's the lowest form of court ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Not really. The sentencing guidelines are the same anywhere.It will only be a fine and either points or a ban.