75100385

I had a call from the police yesterday asking me to go to

Customer Question

I had a call from the police yesterday asking me to go to the police station next week for a taped interview regarding a disabled woman I was looking after that received bruising in my care. She banged her head a couple of times whist I was on the toilet so had a bruise on her head but had bruising from the previous day when another carer was looking after her. I was told the interview is nothing to worry about but I can have a solicitor. Im worried sick as I no I haven't done nothing wrong iv been in care work for the past ten years can you please give me some advice
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.What is it you would like to know about this please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I can't talk on the phone at the moment I can tomorrow if that's ok. Im just really worried as working with this woman for 32 hours could ruin my career when I haven't done anything wrong
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sure. If you havent done anything then you do not need to worry. If she banged her head a couple of times that is what you need to say.It would be for the Police to show that this was an unlawful assault. I assume the disabled person will say that you didnt do it on purpose?But you do not need to worry, if the person just banged their head - that is nor your fault.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The lady can't talk but the other carer hasn't had a call only me. But she had bruises from the previous day when I wasn't looking after her and she had a fractured hip from a fall she had the previous day with the other carer.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - well it wasnt you, all you can say is what happened. You cant be convicted of something you didnt do.You can also take a Solicitor or ask for the Duty one if you wish.Dont worry - you didnt do anything and you have a good 10 years historyDoes that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex went to police station yest. She said after the tape had finished that even though its not her decision she thinks I have nothing to worry about because of the way the disabled women was. She said she will ring me as soon as she no's. Thank you so much for your help. Regards Sandra
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
There you go - very good.Alex