12826847

I was recently subject to verbal abuse he went to court and

I was recently subject to verbal abuse he went to court and has pleaded innocent so I have to go to court. He called me a ginger haired dog and tramp. He ran off police chased him. I have CCTV and police statement. I am having councling as I went to bits and started drinking. He said to police officer that I sent him threading messages I was drinking loads at time and checked my phone but didn't find anything on Facebook but said to police I will hand my phone etc over and will be held accountable if I did
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to know if I have the right legal help as he has and what would be the outcome if I did send messages? Although I have said I will surrender my phone etc
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay.It depends on how bad the messages were and how many in number. There are offences that do cover the sending of threatening or annoying messages - harassment, malicious communication, communication act etc.It is not really possible to estimate the sentence until we know what form and volume the messages take. Obviously some threats are very sinister and some are very trivial.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you as I was drunk I don't know what the messages were as they are not on my Facebook I will just have to wait and see if I did and if I did then I will take responsibility I have never been to court an I am in bits with it and never been in trouble with law before his lawyer told him to add this bit after he was charged
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
It might be that it all turns into a caution.The trouble with making reports to the police though is that they do tend to lead to a reply to the allegation.