29905560

My name is ***** ***** I need to write a formal grievance

Customer Question

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I need to write a formal grievance that I am bullied at work.
I am a Supervisor at Euston main rail station and I must wear a uniform. i wear my own clothes (navy colour to match our uniform and a coat i have since joined 2 years ago) I issued a new uniform, but instead I've been told to wear cleaners uniform and If I don't do it I will get sacked. I've been told from the same regional manager I have to wear safety boots too, but they give me bigger than my size and of course uncomfortable.
To wear a cleaners polo shirt and combat trousers when our uniform is a suit and white shirt makes me feel horrible in a way like everyone will think i am demoted.
Recently we had accident at work and the same manager asked me "what we gonna do now", my reply was "I will speak the drivers in my shift to do 2 x 12h shifts before their days off so they can have plenty of time to rest, we done this before and it works" , his replay was "dont teach me how to manage, i am manager and I am paid for doing this, if you not get one of your drivers to work from tomorrow morning I will do it myself" , I said "alright then" he made his voice like mine and repeated "alright then" this was in present of our company's QSHE adviser and one of the drivers who works in my shift.
All of my 3 drivers was bullied to do early shift from the same manager. Only 1 done it and after a week she said "i cant do it im over tired and i cant sleep at night and dont feel confident to drive early mornings" Same manager blamed me that she done it because I told her to do it, he said "you think you run Euston, I am the manager Im paid for that, and you not going anywhere" . Yearly we have appraisals and calibration, I due to finish my NVQ in next 2 months, but I doubt I will have a chance to go on further level or develop my carrier.
Me, my cover and Night supervisor we went to the store to check whats need to be ordered, I passed the info to RM and he fail to order gloves, he blamed me for not reporting this to him.
My site manager had to have a informal meeting with me on "why i fail to wear uniform" (cleaners uniform) during this conversation the Regional manager called 3 times asking the Site manager does he speaking with me and what I said I can hear this as the room is quiet. I said to the site manager that I will put grievance, as the RM is a constant bully and site manager said "ah don't worry he saying this every day to me" and laughed.
RM told me that if i not come with uniform/combat trousers and safety shoes I will be suspended with no pay.
I also haven't any support to replace people while they are on holiday or long therm sickness as well as one of my staff was moved to other station, but i didnt get replacement.
In my present two RMs had a conversation after an interview for a job with a Mr. Fernandes from Goa, living in Wembley. He was asked does he knows someone from Paddington Station, Mr Fernandez said no I know only Sebastiao from Euston, after the guy left the two RMs was talking so negative that this man is Fernandes from Goa and lives in Wembley and lie that doesn't know anyone from Paddington. Both agreed that this man wont be employed, but after 2 days my manager told me that my RM said I can send his docs to HR. I didnt do it, the guy fail in first place to answer simple questions about himself and his English level was poor, but I am thinking that they wanted to stitch me up by signing his docs while they told me not to.
this is too long :(
I am 8 years in UK and working 5 years in the same company, I start myself as cleaner and I do all my best to keep customer, staff and management happy, but this constant harassment and pressure every day even out of working ours by emals and calls I cant bear it. Ive got to the point where I dont want to go to work, cry on train on way to work, having problems breathing and cant sleep at night
I need your help
thanks in advance Teodora
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Would you help me to write a grievance regarding the info above
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Have you raised concerns about your regional manager's behaviour towards you before?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, everyone is afraid, I went to RMT, but the lady told me to colect information then to go for grievance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All my witnesses are cleaners and everyone is afride to lose her/his job
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
OK, thank you for your response. I will review the relevant information and laws and will get back to you as soon as I can. Please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Just to clarify your request. We cannot just draft a grievance from scratch. If you need a full grievance then you will have to prepare that and we will go through it and make any necessary amendments. So it is up to you how you wish to proceed. Also drafting and checking is a premium servid so there will be an extra fee, let me know if you need a quote for that please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I wouldn't mind, but what else I have to provide
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes, please, provide a quote
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
I will sort later this eve in the meantime please compose the grievance so the complaints as you want to put to the employer and upload on here then I can consider the quote
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I never write a grievance, don't know how to, this is why i write all that info above to you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Ok let me consider it I will reply later
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** not be able to reply with the draft today but should be able to do so by the morning, thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is ok, he is so nasty with me for a months now and it's fine to wait for you til morning
Have a peaceful evening
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Good morning, thank you for your patience. There is no specific legal requirement to word a grievance in any set way, but you are expected to be clear about the issues you have been experiencing. Based on the information you have provided a grievance can be worded in the way I have done in the attached document (the information in square brackets is my comments so should either be removed or the relevant information put in its place
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
File attached