Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I would like to have an internal door built from the kitchen

I would like to have an internal door built from the kitchen to the outside toilet, for my mum who had a stroke, who walks with a Zimmer frame, so it,ll be easier for her to turn. There are already external doors for the kitchen and the outside toilet. Kind regards Nicholas
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi, how can I assist you specifically? Kind Regards Al
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have heard that it's illegal to have an internal door connected to an outside toilet.
Hi, thanks for your reply. Please be rest assured that that there is absolutely nothing illegal in doing what you wish to do. The only thing you will need to do is to obtain Building Regulations approval, if the door is being put in a loadbearing wall (as you will need to make sure that the removal of the part of the wall does not affect the stability of the property). I hope this assists, and sets out the legal position. Kind Regards Al
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** Nicholas
You're welcome. Best Wishes Al