75100385

Good evening i bought a three seater leather about 5 years

Customer Question

good evening i bought a three seater leather about 5 years ago
i paid twelve hundred pounds,the leather is peeling and the seat is
sagging i live alone .i am the only one that sits on it .
kind regards .
james
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello James my name is ***** ***** I will help you.What is it you would like to know about this?Is it still under guarantee?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you cannot help me.i told you my problem .there is to much messaging.
so just forget about it ,and refund my money. i dont even no if you are
in the uk .kind regards jim
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes I am in the UK. What is it you want to achieve from the sofa, a repair, a refund?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no its seven years old.the sofa is peeling and the seat has sagged way down.
its the quality i am on about .i paid nine hundred and ninety nine pound sterling.
it was in the sale the told me the price before the sale two thousand pounds .
the sofa is like new only for the faults i mentioned.it started to peel after one .
month
they repaired it and then it happened again.once again they repaired it .so can you please tell me what i can do
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If its 7 years old its bad news I am afraid. I understand what you are saying but under the Limitation Act 1980 you only have 6 years to bring a claim. As the sofa is 7 years old I am sorry to say you are out of time.If you took it to Court sadly your case would be dismissed because of the Limitation Act.I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you very much.
kind regards.
james
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/