12826847

My brother has worked with a devout Muslim eight

Customer Question

My brother has worked with a devout Muslim for about eight years ,who is known to give his money to charities in Afghanistan and Pakistan . My brother has a high opinion of this chap . My brother contracted terminal cancer and discussed donating to charity . His friend advised him that big charities have high overheads and that only a small proportion of donations make it too the people who need it . He then explained that he knew small charities where most of the money made it to the poor people who made it .
Four months before his death my brother who has no dependants , signed a notice of wish that named his friend the sole beneficiary for his pension pot of £446,000 .
Would this qualify as a fraud ?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhich part of the Uk did your brother live in - and when you say "notice of wish" do you mean a formal Will?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My brother lived in England and worked in British Airways Heathrow . He died intestate and the notice of wish is the form that BA Pensions use for members to nominate who should get their pension pot if they die in service .
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I seeMay I ask what type of Cancer he had?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think you are barking up the wrong tree . No more questions for you .
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry - I do not mean to be insensitive but I need to know if it was the type of cancer that would have effected his reasoning