75100385

1. I am in the process of making an Application -action

1. I am in the process of making an Application for pre-action disclosure in what may become a Money Claim matter.
2. I am resident in the Isle of Man.
3. The Respondents are resident in Eastbourne.
4. On the basis of advice from the Money Claims Helpline I was advised to address my Application to the County Court Money Claims Centre in Salford.
5. When I did so my Application was returned with an unsigned form letter with the explanation "Applications relating to pre-action disclosure should be sent to the local court." However there was no indication of which local court.
I have 2 questions:
Q1. Given the circumstances, how can I determine which "local court" is appropriate? - it seems to me it could be either:
a) The local court of the Respondents in Eastbourne, or
b) A court in England most convenient for me (e.g. Liverpool)
Q2 More generally what rules are applied in determining which is the relevant local court, in particular where there may be multiple parties to an Application in several locations and where are such rules documented?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.1): Eastbourne County CourtThe Law CourtsOld Orchard RoadEastbourneBN21 4UN2) The rules are this. If the Defendant is an individual then its their local Court. If the Defendant is a company, the Claimants home address, unless the Claimant is also a company, then its the Defendant home Court.It would be the address of the first Defendant.Does that clarify?Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/