13262538

My wife and I have been sepersted since November 2015 after

Hi, my wife and I have been sepersted since November 2015 after I found out about an affair she had some months earlier. I originally wanted to divorce her on the grounds of adultery, after her repeated plea for me not to do it on those grounds (save her dignity) I rescinded and then had left it to her to do an online application. That never really happened in the following months, but now she has a desperate urg to conclude this (new guy). She has asked that inorder to have completed the two year separation period required, would I agree that we separate in the March and not the following November!! This would obviously cancel out the affair she had, on paper anyway. My question is, if I agree to this, will I be disadvantaged in anyway? We have never discussed a financial separation. Many thanks Andy
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion firstHas she agreed to pay the Petition fee?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess she must have. A
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She hasn't said or asked for any contribution to it. Yet!
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
As an Officer of the Court (all solicitors are) I cannot encourage anyone to lie to the court about what has happened.However the grounds for a divorce do not effect the Financial Settlement and whether you separated before or after she slept with someone else is not relevantI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks, ***** ***** hoping that was the case.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome I hope all goes well